He is a trumpeter, composer, arranger, trumpet teacher ... he is Ibrahim Maalouf, the son of the Lebanese trumpeter Nassim Maalouf
Ibrahim Maalouf was born in Beirut, Lebanon, on December 5, 1980, but he lives in France.
Ibrahim Maalouf learned to play the trumpet since he was at the age of seven, by his father Nassim Maalouf. He learned the techniques of his father’s music, ancient and modern, in addition to Arabic classical music and the art of Arab improvisation.
In addition to that, he also learned what his father has invented in the Quatro tone, additional key on the trumpet. At the age of 17, Ibrahim Maalouf decided to devote all his time to music only and specifically to play the trumpet.
Between 1999 and 2003, Ibrahim Maalouf won more than 15 prizes and a certificate of appreciation, he had reached the summit-the best trumpet player.
In 2007, Ibrahim Maalouf released an album including his compositions under the title of Diasporras.
- Un automne à Paris, a Lebanese collaboration dedicated for France
- Ibrahim Maalouf: My nights with Oum Kalthoum
- Ibrahim Maalouf to release an album in honor of the great OUM KALTHOUM
- Lebanese - Yasmine Hamdan, Ibrahim Maalouf & Mashrou' Leila at 1066 Festival
- ListenArabic Live - Ibrahim Maalouf at the Byblos International Festivals 2014